Monday, September 23, 2013

The Last Space Marines You Will Ever Buy

I am not really a Games Workshop player.  I am a fan of the setting, and have used other figures as proxys at times.  Normally, I only check the Games Workshop Site once or twice a month to see a picture, but the last time I went on, this is what I saw.

 Astartes Ultra – A Complete Ultramarines Chapter
We proudly present our most ambitious collection ever! Nearly 1,200 Space Marine models representing the Ultramarines as deployed at the Battle of Orar's Sepulchre 888.M41. Marneus Calgar leads his entire chapter against the perfidious Eldar of the Iyanden and Alaitoc Craftworlds.

Every Warhammer 40,000 hobbyist dreams of owning a complete Chapter of Space Marines - this special collection is your chance to achieve that dream in one fell swoop.

This Space Marine Chapter is made up of 1 Veteran Company, 4 Battle Companies, 4 Reserve Companies, and 1 Scout Company, with roughly 100 Space Marines in each. You will also receive all the codex-specified vehicles and support units that go with them. Be sure to have a look through the Company-by-Company photo guide above to see the chapter in all its glory.

We will also contact you personally to arrange a delivery time that is convenient for you, so please ensure that the contact details which accompany your order are accurate and up to date.
 That is just rediculous.  Who has that sort of money!  I wonder when we will hear the first report of some child buying this with his parents money, and then them going bankrupt and losing their house?

Anyway, I am done with Flashman and the Tiger and now I am working on the Dorsai and Two other books as well as A Small Colonial War, so I may do some 15mm Sci-Fi Stuff, considering my birthday is coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment